Tags

Beth’s Latest Books!

Custom Search

Guardian Games Portland

Portland D&D Meetup

Adventuring Gear

ice dragon

I have a ice dragon mini.

I needed a fire dragon mini and at least one shot of a player miniature that I didn’t have on hand.

I have Photoshop and a small amount of knowledge. Here are the results…..

before

This is before.

The ice dragon with my new Indira the dwarf (TM) mini.

m and dragon before

I have a nice shot of Myntilly’s back so I cropped it and popped it into the picture. Then I painted over the white skin with a reddish tint. I couldn’t get it a darker red, but I think it works well.

Ice dragon to fire dragon….. Ta da!

dragon and m after

8 Comments

1. I must be using Mirror Image because I don’t have a shadow 🙂
    Completely awesome!

Comment by Myntilly — November 20, 2009 @ 1:30 pm

2. Oh grrr! I didn’t notice. Great! Is this pay back for the Morgan posts? I think a shadow might be beyond my meager skills. Pay no attention, folks! Keep moving.

Comment by Indira — November 20, 2009 @ 2:00 pm

3. If making the shadow is beyond your skills, why not clone out the existing dwarf shadow?

For the dragon: Use the selection tool and then mess with the brightness / contrast. I think it’ll only change the levels inside the selected area. Then make a new window fill it with a rich read and use clone again, but this time with the colour/tone setting.

GL&HF

Comment by JP — November 20, 2009 @ 2:14 pm

4. Oh yea, sorry one more thing.

You might find better results messing with the “levels” option rather than brightness/contrast. Dragging the middle point to the right may give the effect you’re after.

Comment by JP — November 20, 2009 @ 2:17 pm

5. JP — awesome ideas! Thank you. I feel silly for not noticing the shadows. Good idea on the color. I’ll give it a shot.

Comment by Indira — November 20, 2009 @ 2:20 pm

6. Wow! Great work, B.

Comment by Tad — November 21, 2009 @ 8:09 pm

7. Aww, thanks Tad. I have gotten some great tips on photoshop. The next attempts will be better!

Comment by Indira — November 23, 2009 @ 6:35 am

8. […] so I thought I’d post some pictures. Pictures of people, for once, instead of pictures of Dungeons and Dragons miniatures! Michelle, the DM and Sarah, who plays paladin Acgar Angel, who plays ranger Sadi and Taj, who […]

Pingback by [meta] Divas at Play | Dungeon Divas — December 12, 2009 @ 9:13 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Disclaimer & Terms of Use | Dungeon Divas Privacy Policy